The McGrady Family: Tyler, Cara, Hudson & Sadie

Friday, August 20, 2010

Keep Calm...

Lately, I've been seeing this "Keep Calm & Carry On" sign everywhere from TJ Maxx, to Etsy.  I thought it was cute (and usually very applicable!), but I didn't know where it came from... a movie perhaps?  A recent bestselling novel?  Being the nerdy gal I am, I needed to know.  I did some extensive research (umm... Wikipedia counts, right?) and discovered that the origins of this sign are actually pretty interesting... and very satisfying for my geeky side.



Propagana & Nazis & George VI.  Oh my.  Who knew this adorable little poster had so much historical relevance!?!  Of course, along with the cuteness, there will also come replicas... and spin offs.  Here are a few of my favorites:


I need this one.  Really, *need* to have it.



I think we all saw this one coming sooner or later....


Also a big fan of this one... I think it would look adorable in my kitchen.


Who doesn't love a good fake accent?

Definitely the wrong font, but clever nonetheless.

This one's for my sister.  Only her's would say "Keep Calm and Don't Wreck... Again"


Not for the landlubbers apparently...


There's even a calendar!  Sayngs for every season!


Yup, I guess that about sums it up.

I don't even care that there posters are everywhere.... I like 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home