The McGrady Family: Tyler, Cara, Hudson & Sadie

Monday, July 5, 2010

I ♥ long weekends....

Ahh, what a relaxing weekend this has been.  Tyler was off Friday, Saturday, Sunday *and* Monday.  He spent a good portion of the weekend working on our footer/retaining wall.  Oh, and I did ask him what exactly the footer's purpose was & he said, "It holds the wall up, dear."  I'm guessing the "dear" part means that perhaps I should already know that....

I spent my Friday evening at the good old Big Butler Fair with Megan-- gotta love those Clarks.  They put on a good show & it was an awesome night out.  {Thanks, Meg!}  I also spent some "Mommy-gets-out-of-the-house" time doing a little shopping... mostly browsing, but a little shopping.  I found a gift card for New York & Co. from two Christmases ago & whaddaya know... still had $25 left on it!  I got myself a cute pair of capri's, two tops & necklaces to match!  Can't beat a good deal... especially when you've got a gift card!

Hudson was also busy this weekend.  He did some swimming on the Fourth & took up a new hobby... smiling!  The only picture-taking device I had near me was my cell phone & I managed to get a few cute pics of his little grins.  Here's my favorite:

Today was also my MyFitnessPal.com weigh in day.  I've been working really hard to keep track of all my calories & get my exercise in.  But, I was still a little skeptical about how it would all turn out--especially since I treated myself to a strawberry ice cream cone yesterday at Jordan's in Kittanning {they have the BEST ice cream!}.  Welp, I hopped on & I was four pounds lighter than I was last Monday.  Woo hoo!  I was thrilled.  Goodbye, baby weight!  I still have a few more to go, so I'm really looking forward to {hopefully} starting back up with Zumba this week!

Speaking of starting back up with things.... a little over a year ago, I fell in love with a site called Etsy.  It's basically an online craft show {and I ♥ craft shows!!!}  I bought a ton of stuff for our wedding on Etsy {my garter, bridesmaid's earrings & gifts, candy buffet labels, etc} and for a short time, I even had my own shop.  Unfortunately, I didn't time things very well {who knew the week before your wedding isn't the time to be entreprenurial?} & I got suuuuuuuuuper stressed & had to close up shop.  I did sell quite a few things {a lot more than I expected to!} and the whole experience {minus it being smack in the middle of pre-wedding chaos}, was fabulous.  Well, considering I do have a lot more time on my hands these days {even if it is in the middle of the night}, I thought I might give it another go.  I'm working on getting some items posted & creating new listings for sale.  I'm really excited about it because I think it will be a fantastic creative outlet... and will hopefully bring in a little cash too!  I even designed my own logo.... Here's a sneak peek! 
{You'll have to wait until I'm all ready before I unveil the name though.  Tyler thought it was cute...  but I don't think my mom quite understood it.... so I guess we'll see how it goes over... eventually.}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home