The McGrady Family: Tyler, Cara, Hudson & Sadie

Thursday, May 6, 2010

37 Weeks... and counting...

Really?  It's only Thursday?  I feel like it should be next Tuesday on account of all the things I've gotten done this week.  On Tuesday, my third graders presented their Wax Museum.  It was incredible!  This is my third year doing the Wax Museum at PCA & I'm still always amazed at the creative ideas my kids come up with!  I was so proud of them!!! 

On Tuesday, I also found out that Applebee's appreciates teachers!  My friends, Megan & Maria, & I decided to go there & whaddaya know-- we got free dinners--just for being teachers.  {Gotta ♥ that!}

Yesterday was my 37 week OB appointment.  Apparently this little baby isn't exactly so little anymore.  Instead of measuring spot-on as I have been for the last... ohh, 10 weeks, my baby bump is now measuring about a week ahead of schedule.  I'm hoping this is a good thing--as in, maybe the "big day" isn't too far away.... and not a terrifying "10 and a half pound newborn" kinda thing. 
I'm juuuuuuuuust about finished with my "just-in-case" sub plans for next week & the following week.  Wow.  What a lot of work those were.  Trying to figure out {& explain to someone else} everything that needs to be done before the end of the year was a bit {okay, really seriously} overwhelming.  Luckily, the sub who will be coming in for me is awesome. 

My due date is still 2 weeks and 2 days away... but honestly, I wouldn't mind meeting this little one before then.  In fact, I'd prefer it.  People keep telling me their "Old Wive's Tales" of how to jump-start labor.  Some of them seem weird... and a few of them, just downright unpleasant (Castor Oil?  Yuck!).  I am intrigued by fact that people keep telling me to eat pineapple if I want this baby to show up anytime soon.  I actually stopped at the Farmer's Market after school today to pick up this mythical little fruit.  We'll see what happens I suppose...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home