The McGrady Family: Tyler, Cara, Hudson & Sadie

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ummm... it's May!

The baby will be here THIS month!  {Well, hopefully!  Hoping & wishing & praying I don't have to be pregnant until June!!!}  Lots of exciting things were accomplished today.  We are now even *more* ready for this baby to make his or her big debut!  Last night I got a little freaked out.  I started having contractions {that hurt} and they started coming about 8-12 minutes apart.  {All I could think about was the fact that I wasn't completely done with my sub plans & that my students have their Wax Museum on Tuesday!  And I WANT to be there!}  Even my easy-going, even-keeled husband must have been a little concerned because he started keeping track of the timing part for me.  Luckily enough, I think they were just some intense Braxton-Hicks and I don't think we'll be seeing Baby McGrady anytime too soon.  However, I think it scared us enough to light a fire under us.  Being kicked into gear is apparently a good thing!  Here's all the stuff we got done just TODAY:

1. We put up one of our new baby Sadie gate between the kitchen & the living room.  I must say, it looks sooo much better than the box that used to be there.  {Just hoping that Sadie will be as terrified as the gate as she was of that dumb box.

2. My mom made the crib skirt!  It's so stinkin' cute & matches the bedding perfectly.  It makes the whole room look a lot more finished {plus we can store things under the crib without it looking so cluttery.  Yes!}  I ♥ it!  Thanks, Mom!!!
Here's a pic:


3. Tyler & I installed the car seat into my Explorer.  It still has the little Yoda in it.  I figure I'll get used to riding with a little passenger for a while.  It was pretty simple to install actually.  Now I just need to put up the adorable baby mirror so I can keep an eye on my little backseat driver.

4.  Tyler hung up the baby's mural in the nursery.  Sue, the Art teacher at my school, painted it & gave it to me at my Pittsburgh themed shower.  I love that it's personalized!  It also has 1 Corinthians 9:25 going down the side.  Precious.  This kid is going to be a Steelers fan from the get-go!


                                                

5.  We also put the mobile up in the crib.  My friend, Tara, got it for us & it is soooooo cute!  Gotta love the giraffe theme we've got going on. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home